How to Get Started
Here are a few ideas for successful content to promote your shop
1. Create a series that incorporates product mentions
- It’s a great practice to create a regular series on one of your social channels where you can regularly feature products. Here are a few examples:
- My Beauty Empties - start a series where you create a video every time you have five or more empties (aka products you ran out of), and talk through each of the products and why you like them.
- Monthly Favorites Round Up - every month round up a group of your favorite products and talk about why you like them
- Weekly Product Review - every week review a new product and talk about why you do or don’t like it.
2. Cover these topics that have performed really well across our platform:
- Skincare Tools & Devices - round up some of your favorite skincare tools and devices.
- Routines - such as your nighttime skincare routine, morning skincare routine, bodycare routine and more
- Ingredient focus - talk about a specific ingredient (Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Glycerin, etc.) and the benefits of that ingredient, and the products within that category that you recommend
- Sunscreen - curate lists of your favorite sunscreens without whitecast, favorite mineral or chemical sunscreens, or favorite sunscreens for the body
3. Use some evergreen ideas that you can reuse all year round. Here are a few:
- Recently Mentioned on Social - create a collection of the items you’ve recently featured in your social content. Every time you add an item, move the item to the top so your followers can always see it.
- What’s in my cart? Items I have my eye on - create a collection of items you currently have your eye on.
- Retailer sale picks - if a retailer is having a sale, create a collection of items from that retailer that are on sale that you really like.
- Favorite independent designers and pieces I love - a curated selection of things you love from independent designers
- Everything I wore in Paris/London/Milan (any city from a trip) - share your outfits that you wore on a recent trip
- My Everyday Basics - create a collection of your favorite everyday basics. Some great commissionable partners for this include COS and UNIQLO.
- Everyday Makeup Routine - create a collection with all the makeup products you use on a daily basis
- Favorite Designer Bags - make a collection of your favorite designer bags. One of our affiliate partners, Fashionphile, is a great luxury resale site to link to for Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton and more.
4. Leverage Seasonal Content. Here are a few ideas:
- Favorite dresses for Summer
- Wedding Guest Dresses
- What’s in my beach bag?
- Favorite Sunglasses & Hats for Sun Protection
- Summer Skincare
- Summer Outfit Staples
- Cozy Sweaters for Winter
- My Nordstrom Fall Shopping List
- Top coats for winter
- Holiday Wishlist
On this page