How to Get Started
ShopMy Best Practices
Here are some of the best practices when using ShopMy to help your shop succeed!
- Use our gold standard caption
- Mention of any custom discount codes you have next to the corresponding product link
- A link to your main shop page with all of your favorites
- A list of any other relevant lists
- A list of all of your discount codes
- Build a shoppable list before posting
- Mention Discount Codes next to Corresponding Product Links and/or at the bottom of the caption
- Tap into our geo-links feature
- Include a Shoppable Collection For your Video in its Caption
- Include a "What I'm Wearing" section of the video
We’ve found that the best converting caption uses both shortened links and a visual shopping list. Other helpful things to add in captions include:
Get into the habit of building out a collection of products before posting. Grab the product list by going to Settings & sharing at the top of a collection and going to the “Sharing on Social” tab. Then click “for YouTube”. You will see all the options for how to include the collection in a Youtube caption. You can just copy the product list from here and paste it directly into your Youtube caption.
You should mention any custom discount codes you have next to the corresponding product links in your captions. Also, it is helpful to list all your discount codes at the bottom of your video caption. To request more discount codes from brands, go to the chat with brands tab, search for your desired brand, and click “request code” and write a short message, including what you’d like the code to be.
Did you know that you can configure geo-links on your YouTube links so that in one link, if someone from the US clicks it, they go to the product page at Dermstore, if someone from the UK clicks that same link they can go to Cult Beauty, and if someone from Australia clicks it they can go to Adore Beauty. This feature has helped our YouTubers drastically increase the amount they can earn off a single link. Click here to see how to configure geo-links.
In the caption of your video, use our shortened links and visual shopping list to make your YouTube video shoppable. We’ve found that the highest performing YouTube caption is one that includes both the individual product links and the visual shopping list since this accommodates both viewers who know exactly what they’d like to click on, and more visual shoppers who will find your shoppable collection helpful. Attach the video to the collection after posting. If you regularly do this, it’ll allow you to have better reporting on your videos. You can use your Links tab to see which links in each video are being clicked on the most, down to the day.
Our platform has thousands of commissionable partners across fashion and accessories and conversion is great in these categories. Add a section mentioning what you're wearing to each video.
- Put your shop link in you Instagram Bio
- Keep your shop up to date with your posts
- Rather than list out products in your captions and stories, instruct your audience to swipe up or visit the link in your bio.
- When your audience asks you product questions in your comments or DMs, point them to your shop or specific collections within your shop.
We recommend putting your shop link in your Instagram bio so that your audience can easily shop your favorites. It’s also helpful to your audience to put something about the bio in your profile that lets them know they can shop your favorite products at the link below. If you want to put multiple links in your bio, linktree or hoo.be are great platforms many creators use to do this.
Make sure to keep your shop up to date with your posts, and create collections that are specific to your content. For example, if you’re going to do a review of some skincare tools and devices in an IGTV, create a collection of the skincare tools and devices that you’re going to recommend and move this list to the top of your shop. You could also link a post on Instagram in your “Instagram” section, and add all the items you are wearing in the post to that collection. After posting, you can share the link to the collection in your stories and instruct people to “swipe up” to shop.
If someone comments on a post and asks, for example, “what color lipstick are you wearing?”, it’s a great opportunity to point them to the link in your bio so they can easily go shop that product.
- Put your shop link in your TikTok bio.
- Let your audience know in your content that you’re going to link the products for them.
Similar to Instagram, we recommend putting your shop link in your TikTok bio so that your audience can easily shop your favorites.
If you create TikTok content that has product mentions in it, create a collection beforehand, and in the video, tell your audience that they’ll be able to find all of the products you’re mentioning in your bio. You can then attach that TikTok video to the pre-made collection once you post it.
- Use our product links to hyperlink product mentions
- Embed your Visual Carousel
Use our individual product links that go directly to retailer websites to hyperlink the products that you mention in a blog post.
Use our embeddable components feature to add a collection for your audience to browse right from your blog post. See here for more information on embeddable components.
- Use our product links to hyperlink product mentions
Create shoppable collections that correspond with your podcast's episodes. Within each episode description, you can send people to that collection and say “shop everything mentioned in this episode here.”
Social Sharing Templates are an easy way to share your ShopMy content on Instagram and YouTube. These save you time by generating images and captions.
To access our social sharing templates, go to the collection you wish to share and click “settings and sharing” Select “Sharing on Social” and you will see the option to:
- Quickly grab links to your collection and your shop under the “General Links” tab
- Download Instagram story images for Instagram under the “For Instagram” tab
- Copy and paste pre-written captions for YouTube videos under the “For Youtube” tab
On this page